Nathan M. Farrugia is an Australian technothriller author known for placing himself in dangerous situations, including being hunted by special forces trackers. He studies Systema, a Russian martial art, and is a former recon soldier trained by USMC, SEAL team, Spetsnaz and Defence Intelligence instructors.
Nathan M. Farrugia is the author of the episodic Helix technothriller series and the bestselling series, The Fifth Column. Nathan is known for placing himself in dangerous situations, including climbing rooftops in Russia and being hunted by special forces trackers in the United States. He studies Systema, a little-known martial art and former secret of Russian special forces.
Nathan is a former Australian reconnaissance soldier who has trained under USMC, SEAL team, Spetsnaz and Defence Intelligence instructors, and the wilderness and tracking skills of the Chiricahua Apache scouts and Australian Aboriginals.
- Hybrid author (traditionally published and self-published)
- First author published by one of the world’s first digital imprints
- Former Australian recon soldier trained under special forces instructors, including SEAL team, Spetsnaz and Defense Intelligence
- Known for going to extreme lengths to research novels, Nathan has been waterboarded and tasered, climbed rooftops in Russia and explored abandoned tunnels in the New York City subway (Daily Mail article here)
- Interviewed by Daily Mail, Junkee and Triple J, and featured by Apple and Vulture
- A rarity in the male-dominated thriller genre, Nathan’s novels feature female protagonists and score an “A” rating on the Bechdel-Wallace test for gender bias and diversity
- Previous career in feminist lesbian pornography
- Nathan’s first novel was awarded iBooks Thriller of the Year by Apple in 2012.